In our quest for good sleep, there are many natural aids and effective alternatives to sleeping drugs. The video below focuses on the best vitamins to take.
Other good sleep remedies include taking certain minerals or herbs, taking walks, keeping the bedroom dark and cool, having a good quality mattress and pillow, getting more sunlight during the day, and keeping relationships with others at an upbeat and cheerful tone.
This is Jobee from Nutrition Breakthroughs. Thanks for reading my articles on natural health discoveries and remedies.
This is #2 in a series that describes the story of how Nutrition Breakthroughs started and how it’s health articles and supplements came into being.
Around the time that Nutrition Breakthroughs started a couple decades ago, I was living in the Los Angeles area. An opportunity came up for me to do some courses that I really wanted to do in Florida.
I decided to take the trip there – all the way to another coast that I’d never been to before. In order to get the most out of my studies, it was important that I eat well, feel healthy and get a lot of restful sleep.
The only thing interfering with this is that I was unable to get hardly any sleep at all in anticipation of the trip. I got on the plane anyway for the 6 or 7 hour flight, including layovers. The plane touched down in Tampa and I had finally arrived.
As far as my sleep went in Florida, I continued to wake up several times during the night and had tremendous difficulty falling back asleep. I had studied in my nutritional research that calcium and magnesium could help people relax and sleep more deeply.
I searched around and found a product that had these minerals in it and it was formulated in a softgel with oils for better absorption. I began to take it, sometimes every hour during the night when I woke up. It started making a big difference.
I would take one of these often during the night and actually be able to go back to sleep. This was the beginning of a major advancement for Nutrition Breakthroughs. (Although not every sleep aid should be taken this frequently)!
If a supplement like this could actually help me with severe insomnia, would it be worth it for me to create a similar one for my company Nutrition Breakthroughs and help others who have this problem to sleep better too?
Tune in to the next blog article and read it to find out!
So now it’s your turn. I would love to hear from you. Was there ever a similar thing that happened to you where you were so pleased to find a natural remedy that actually worked?
Let me know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. I check this inbox myself and I may not reply to each message, but I do read each one. It helps me to provide good information that is of interest.
How Can Holiday Stress Be Reduced? 5 Great Tips That Work
Greetings to you,
It’s Jobee from Nutrition Breakthroughs. If you or someone you care about experiences holiday stress or insomnia during the holiday times, then these healthy tips will come in handy.
1. If you drink coffee, try to replace some of it with herbal teas such as chamomile, lemon balm or passionflower. These are all proven to calm and relax and help with better sleep.
2. Do some regular, gentle exercise that you enjoy. Some ideas would be walking, dancing, stretching or cycling.
3. Spend some time outdoors and if it’s very cold, bundle up! Especially if you spend a lot of time indoors in front of a computer screen, go outside and look at the trees, houses, clouds, buildings and other large objects. This helps the body and mind unwind and get some rest.
4. Turn off the TV, computer or cell phone at least an hour before bedtime. The lighted screens of these electronics have been found to reduce melatonin levels in the body, which is a natural hormone that regulates the sleep and wake cycles.
5. Enjoy the celebration of thanks and goodwill and if any difference of opinion starts to develop with a friend or family member, just move on to the next topic and direct their attention to something you know they like or admire.
Here’s to your good health, good sleep, and the very best of the season!
Jobee Knight Nutrition Breakthroughs Maker of the original calcium and magnesium based sleep aid Sleep Minerals II, and Joints and More, a natural supplement for joint relief, less aches and pains, and more energy.